Installing IMPLAN Pro
This file contains the installer for the IMPLAN v3 software that is included with any order of 2008 or newer data at no additional cost. Until registered the IMPLAN software is restricted to running the econometric RPC models, can only open the included demo study areas. Once registered, the software is fully functional. To install the software download the attached file, extract the file to a known location and extract the files and run the Setup.exe file. The software wizard will guide you thought the rest of the software installation.
IMPLAN Pro installs on your local PC and only works in a Windows environment.
The IMPLAN Pro software minimum requirements:
Windows XP (Service Patch 2 or higher), Vista, or higher
.NET Framework 2.0
1GB of RAM at minimum
1GB of Hard disk for the software at minimum
Local Hard drive. The software is designed to reside on a local drive and may not work properly if installed on a network server.
Users will need Administrator privileges to install the software.
Users also need FULL READ/WRITE permissions to the following folders:
C:> Users>Username>App Data>Local Settings>MIG and Minnesota_Implan_Group_I folders
If you have questions or need support, please contact us at 651.439.4421 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloading Your Data Order
- Open your IMPLAN Software and select Help > Download Data Order.
- When you select from the Help menu, the application will launch and you will be prompted to enter your Order Number and Order Key. You can find your Order Number and Order Key on your order receipt.
**Your data order will only be available for download once the order has been paid or a valid purchase order has been processed.**
- Enter the Order Number and the Order Key into the appropriate field and click to initiate the download. The files you have ordered will appear on the screen, and the progress bars will track the progress of the downloads. You will also see additional fields appear in the download screen. Each data file that you download has a corresponding Trade Flows download as well as a Journey To Work file (these files will not be associated to zip code and congressional level files as zip code and congressional level data is not available for MRIO analysis). These files provide the commodity trade and the commuting information required for MRIO analysis.
**Please note that this process may take several minutes depending on your connection speed and the size and amount of data that you ordered. Some of these files are quite large, increasing download times significantly for slower connections.**
- Once the download is complete, the following window will be prompted.
- If either the Order Number or Order Key entered is incorrect, the following error will generate.
- Please verify both the Order Number and the Order Key have been entered correctly. If this problem persists, please contact us at email@example.com.