Every regional IMPLAN Data file that you purchase contains the full spectrum of information available for the region of your purchase. This article provides information on what is included in the "background data" of each .odf file.
Each IMPLAN *.ODF data file is comprised of six main components. These are:
- Value Added (Factors)
- Final (Institutional) Demand
- Inter-Institutional Transfers
- National Structural Matrices
Employment, Value Added & Output
Sub-components of Value Added are:
- Employee Compensation
- Proprietary Income
- Other Property Type Income (OPTI)
- Taxes on Production and Imports net of Government Subsidy (TOPI)
Final (Institutional) Demand
Final Demand, referred to also as Institution Demand, consists of Households and Governments purchasing goods and services for consumption. Exports are also tracked in these calculations because they are removed from the Study Area by their purchase; thereby functioning as final consumption. Final Demand has 13 Institutional sub-components:
- Household Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE); Patterns are provided for nine Household income Classes from LT10K to 150K+ (2014 data and older) and LT15K to 200K+ (2015 data and newer).
- Federal Government Defense Purchases
- Federal Government Non-Defense Purchases
- Federal Government Non-Defense Investment
- State and Local Government Non-Education Purchases
- State and Local Government Education Purchases
- State and Local Government Investment
- Inventory Purchases
- Foreign Exports
- State and Local Government Sales
- Federal Government Sales
- Inventory Sales
All Institution demand in the original data is measured on a Commodity basis.
To learn more about Inter-Institutional Transfers, click here.
National Structural Matrix
Associated with the geographic data files for each year of the data is the annual National Structural matrices file, including the following National I/O Matrices:
In addition to these National I/O matrices, IMPLAN data files include:
- Sectoring Scheme (536 sectors for 2013 and later data sets)
- Parameters for Econometric estimation of Trade Flows
- Trade Flow Data Files, which include estimates of all Commodity flows between counties and states, from our double constrained gravity model.
- Journey to work data to capture in-commuting for MRIO