IMPLAN is always working to improve our software to not only make it easier to use, but to also add new features. Below are the IMPLAN production release notes for version 5.16. This release fixes a few things that have been on our Known Issues page.
- Analysis Run Cancel has been updated to account for empty Events.
- Previous issue: If you do not drag and drop your events to a group and then hit "Run," OR if you do not select a specification in your events and hit "Run," IMPLAN appears as if an analysis is running. The progress bar begins, and the cancel button ceases to work. This also happens if you choose to run an MRIO type study with groups that contain regions that overlap.
- Analysis will auto cancel if Event or Group requirements are not met or are changed.
- Update to Labor Income Events Indirect and Induced results when being run as an MRIO.
- Previous issue: When running an MRIO study within IMPLAN, successive iterations of household spending can lead to business to business transactions - definitionally, these are still induced impacts despite their being categorized by the software as indirect impacts. This only occurs with MRIO studies.
- Previous issue: When running an MRIO study within IMPLAN, Household Income is treated as Labor Income in the linked regions of your study. This means that certain taxes are removed from your Household Spending dollar value and leaked out of the model inappropriately. This leads to a more conservative result.
- Corrected a systematic underestimation of economic trade between Regions.
Written April 10, 2020